- Do not wash your hair for 48 hours after fitting
- Always brush your hair after washing to remove knots or tangles brushing from the bottom to the top
- Use quality shampoo/conditioner and products - I recommend X-10 products
- Do not massage your hair and always wash your hair with head tilted back do not bend over the sink or bath as this puts extra weight on the extensions
- Always use heat protecting products when styling
- Only apply conditioner to mid-length and ends combing from tip to roots but avoiding micro-rings
- Rinse thoroughly and dry hair using a hair dryer on a cold setting around the root are
- Use leave in conditioner where possible to add extra moisture but stay well away from roots and micro-rings
- Always brush hair with a hair extension brush and use a wide tooth comb when hair is wet
- Hair styling tools can be used but the less you use them the better for the extensions
- Extensions should be tied back in a loose plait or ponytail to avoid hair from tangling
- Each morning and night brush hair extensions from root to tip
- Salt water and chlorine will dry out hair extensions as this would happen to the natural hair
- If so avoid getting extensions wet and if so apply leave in conditioner
THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT
IMPORTANT INFORMATION PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND
YOUR HAIR NATURALLY SHEDS ON A DAILY BASIS AS PART OF ITS NATURAL PROCESS LOSING AROUND 50-100 STRANDS A DAY JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE EXTENSIONS IN IT DOESN’T MEAN THIS PROCESS STOPS. THIS PROCESS CONTINUES BUT SINCE YOUR HAIR IS HELD TOGETHER BY THE EXTENSIONS AND MICRO RINGS THIS HAIR LOSS MAY NOT OCCUR UNTIL MAINTENANCE OR REMOVAL OF HAIR EXTENSIONS.
WHEN THE EXTENSIONS ARE REMOVED ALL THE NATURAL HAIR THAT YOU WOULD OF LOST DAILY WILL BE RELEASED AND APPEAR AS A LOT BUT THIS IS A NATURAL CAUSE SO DON’T PANIC AS ITS JUST ALL THE DAILY BUILD UPS COMING OUT IN ONE GO.
EXTENSIONS NEED MAINTAINING AND CARE, YOU WILL NEED TO BE WILLING TO SPEND TIME ON THEM AND HAVE PATIENCE TO LOOK AFTER THEM OTHERWISE THEY WILL NOT STAY IN GOOD CONDITION. LONGER EXTENSIONS ARE HARDER TO LOOK AFTER THAN SHORTER ONES. THE EXTENSIONS MAY ITCH AND BE UNCOMFORTABLE FOR A FEW DAYS AFTER FITTING. THIS TENDS TO BE JUST ABOVE THE NAPE OF YOUR NECK, IN THE MIDDLE AND AROUND THE CROWN AS THESE ARE THE MOST SENSITIVE AREAS OF YOUR SCALP. THIS FEELING WILL FADE AS YOUR HAIR BECOMES ACCUSTOMED TO THE EXTENSIONS.
I CAN NOT EMPHASISE ENOUGH HOW IMPORTANT IT IS TO FOLLOW THIS AFTERCARE ADVICE TO ENSURE QUALITY AND LIFE OF YOUR EXTENSIONS